About the Department:
Department of Mathematics, Siliguri College is one of the oldest department of the college which was established in the year 1950, having enormous influence on the past and present academic environment of the region. Each year our students secureranks in national level competitive examinations including IIT-JAM and are well established in their professional lives.The Department successfully organized two UGC sponsored National seminars in the year of 2007 and 2011 and also a one day seminar (Regional) in the year 2017.
Courses:3 years B.Sc. Honours and General courses.
Part –II:Real Analysis –II, Calculus of Several variables –II, Application of Calculus, Integral Calculus –II, Dynamics of a particle, Modern Algebra – II, Vector Analysis, Analytical Geometry(3D). Differential Equations –II.
Part –III: Linear Programming and Optimization, Tensor Algebra and Analysis, Real Analysis –III, Integral Calculus –III, Metric Space, Complex Analysis, Modern Algebra –
III, Theory of Probability, Rigid Dynamics, Theory of Statistics, Analytical Statics, Classical Mechanics, Discrete Mathematics and Boolean Algebra, Graph Theory, Numerical Analysis, Computer Science and Programming.;
Numerical Methods: Practical (50 marks).
Part-II: Integral Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis, Linear Programming and Optimization, Analytical Dynamics, Probability and Statistics.Part-III: Computer Science & Programming, A Course of Calculus, Discrete Mathematics.
Practical: Numerical Methods (25 marks).
- Computer facility: Department provides computer lab. for the students.;
- Departmental Library: Accessed by the departmental students with nearly 350 books.
- Internet Facility: Availed both teachers and students.
- Printer :Department provides printing facility.;
- Drinking Water: Purified water is available for both Students and teachers.;;
- Tutorial classes for the students.
- Department take regular class tests / unit tests and provide assignments to improve the performance of the students.
- Department meet the guardians in a regular interval to improve the quality of the students.
- Department also organize educational tour.
Contact details of HOD: +91 9832503728