The Department of human physiology started its journey in the year 1987 with general course. Day by day the department enriched itself not only with staff and laboratory facilities but also in the form of output as the most passout students established themselves in the different corner of the society. Department of Physiology was the first Department under North Bengal University in North Bengal and the Dept. was also the pioneer in initiating Honours course in North Bengal in the year 2007. The main goals of the department are to promote teaching with special emphasis on community health including advanced laboratory training and field studies to prepare students of rural North Bengal as the most updated, efficient and confident in the field of Human Physiology and to provide exposure towards updated facts and activities in the globe. The Department offers Physiology as three years honours course and three years general course for the students according to the merit point. The students of this Department are not only involved in learning but also involved in different community level programmes throughout the year.
NAME: PRABIR KUMAR MANNA
DESIGNATION: ASST. PROFESSOR AND HEAD
DEPARTMENT: DEPT. OF PHYSIOLOGY
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: M.SC, Ph.D.
- GOLD MEDALIST AT UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL.
- GOLD MEDALIST AT MASTER DEGREE LEVEL.
- SARALA DEBNATH MEMORIAL MEDAL-1994
AREA OF SPECIALISATION : MICROBIOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGY
CELL BIOLOGY, IMMUNOLOGY, MICROBIOLOGY, TOXICOLOGY,ENDOCRINE PHYSIOLOGY, BIOCHEMISTRY, CHRONOBIOLOGY, HEMATOLOGY
- Child Immunization Coverage of Some Rural Belt in Relation to Socio- economic Factors of Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling Districts of West Bengal, Journal of Life sciences, 1(2): 91-95, 2009.
- Knowledge attitude and practices for antenatal care and delivery of the mothers of tea garden in Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling districts, west Bengal, National journal of community medicine, 2 (1):4-8, 2011.
- Anthropometric Assessment of Physical Growth and Nutritional Status among School Children of North Bengal. Anthropologist, 13(4): 299-305 2011
- Analysis of nutrient intake and health status of the adolescent girls and adult females of rural areas in Darjeeling district. International Journal of Current Research, 3(8): 49-53, 2011.
- Nutritional Status Assessment of Tea Garden Women Workers (18-35 Years) In Darjeeling District From A View Point of Nutrition Parameters Hemoglobin Level And Disease Susceptibility : Impact of Nutritional Awareness. Journal of Community Nutrition and Health, 1(1): 18-24,2012 6. Prevalence of Anemia among Adolescent Girls and Adult Women of Tea Garden Areas of Darjeeling and Jalpaiguri Districts of West Bengal, Journal of Life sciences, ( 33-39),2015 7. Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Formulated Awareness Package on Beneficial Effects of ICDS for Up-gradation of Mother Child Health Care, International Journal of Current Research, (20483-20487), 2016
BOOKS AUTHORED 1, SKIN-THE SENSE ORGAN
- SECRETARY, TEACHERS COUNCIL SINCE 2015
- PROGRAMME OFFICER, NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME,UNIT-01
- CONVENOR, EXAMINATION COMMITTEE
- CONVENOR, ADMISSION COMMITTEE
PHONE NUMBER 9434106575
YEAR-WISE RESULT OF THE DEPARTMENT
YEAR STUDENTS APPEARED PASSOUT GOLD MEDAL IST SILVER MEDALIST
2010 07 06 INDRANI SARKAR BIJOY SAHA
2011 14 14 GOPA SARKAR REKHA SINGH
2012 09 08 TAMISHRA SAHA MRITYNJOY SARKAR
2013 08 07 SURAVI MUKHERJEE
2014 12 12 SNEHA MITRA SUWARNA NADGERI
2015 14 13 MANISHA
2016 09 09 HIMADRI SEKHAR BAL TANIA SAHA